Security is important for our data safety and we recommended you to enable the Two-Factor Authentication(2FA) on your cPanel account so that hackers will be unable to access your cPanel account even if they have somehow obtained your account"s user and password details.
What are the Requirements?
You will need a smartphone with a supported time-based one-time password app. Mobile Phone OS like Android, Windows, iOS and Blackberry have an app for 2FA.
How to Enable the Two-Factor Authentication on Your cPanel Account?
1. Log into your cPanel account.
2. In the "Security" section, click on the "Two-Factor Authentication" Icon.
3. Under Step 1, Scan QR code using your Google Authenticator or 2FA Authenticator APP and if your APP doesn"t have a QR Code reader, you can manually enter the Account name and Key number.
4. In Step 2, under the "Security Code" text box, enter your Two-Factor Authentication code and click the "Configure Two-Factor Authentication" button.
You will see a message, such as "Success: Two-factor authentication is now configured on your account".
- 0 Users Found This Useful
How to protect your website's images from an external website?
External Website can use < img /> tag to display an image from your site somewhere else on...
How to disable directory browsing using .htaccess?
For security purposes, we recommend that you to disable directory browsing on your website so no...
How to protect your .htaccess file?
For security purpose we recommended you to prevent access to your .htaccess file from...
How to restrict directory access by IP address?
In order to secure your admin area from hackers, we recommended you to allow access only from...
How to ban any IP Address via .htaccess?
If someone is trying to hack your website or you want to block their IP Address, you can add this...