- Available for new registration
This means the domain name is available to be registered by a registrar and has not been registered by any entity.
- Active domain
The domain has now been registered and is active. The domain will be registered for 1 year before needing renewal.
- Domain expires - Renewal hold phase
If the domain name is not renewed by the renewal date advised, the domain expires and will no longer function. This expiry phase allows a grace period of 30 days for the domain to be renewed.
- Redemption or Grace phase
After the expiry phase, the domain enters a redemption phase which is valid for 30 days depending on the registrar. During this phase, the domain can be renewed but additional fees will apply (min USD 100).
- Pending deletion phase
If you do not renew your domain during the renewal and redemption phase, your domain will enter the pending deletion phase for 5 days and all data will then be deleted permanently, and the domain will become available for public registration.
Domain Life Cycle Phases: for MY Domain
- Starting 16 March 2023, expired domains will be automatically suspended and can no longer be used.
- Expired domains will enter Renewal Grace Period for 45 days where you can renew it at the normal domain price.
- If no payment is received, your domain will enter Redemption Grace Period for another 30 days where you can renew it at double (2x) the normal domain price.
- After that, you can no longer renew your domain name as it heads into Pending Delete phase (5 days) before being deleted and released to the public market.
You are advised to make early renewal, as your domain name will be suspended upon expiry.
This new .MY domain name billing cycle will also apply to .MY Premium Domain Names.